Before you call
So, your dishwasher is down. Bummer. The kids do dishes, right? No worries. Give us a call and we’ll come fix your wayward washer faster than a speeding brulee dish (‘bullet’ just didn’t sound right).
But BEFORE you call us for a dishwasher repair, we suggest you check a few things, just in case. Who knows, maybe you can fix it yourself (hey, you’re a hero!) and we can save you the time and cost of an appliance repair service call. Here are a few common things to look for:
DISHWASHER REPAIR TIPS
- Check power to the unit. Some have plugs under the sink and some have wall switches.
- Unplug the unit for 2 minutes and plug it back in to reboot any circuit boards.
- Make sure the hot water is turned on under the sink.
- Make sure the unit is hooked up to a hot water line (we’ve seen them hooked up to cold water).
- Make sure your water softener is working. The performance of a dishwasher degrades with harder water.
- Some plumbers install flood–safe hoses — make sure those are allowing water to flow.
- Record any error codes you see.
- Newer units have filters in the base that need to be removed and cleaned out.
Scheduling your dishwasher repair service
- When scheduling an appliance repair call you can pick your desired time slot: either 8AM-12PM or 12PM-4PM.
- We will call you the day of your appointment between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM to narrow down our arrival to a 2 hour window. We’re happy to call on the way so you can meet us.