Before you call
In Minnesota, we love our campfires (mmmm, s’mores), but that’s no way to cook a hot dish! If your range has turned a cold shoulder, call us. We’ll get you cookin’!
But BEFORE you call call us for an appliance repair, we suggest you check a few things, just in case. Who knows, maybe you can fix it yourself (hey, you’re a hero!) and we can save you the time and cost of a service call. Here are a few common things to look for:
RANGE REPAIR TIPS
- Make sure the gas valve behind the unit and the gas valve by the furnace are turned on.
- Unplug the unit for 2 minutes and plug it back in to reboot any circuit boards.
- Clean the burners if they won’t ignite correctly.
- Don’t run cleaning cycles before big cooking events, they cause problems (the cleaning, not the event — well, those too).
- Turn the breaker off, and then back on, to verify it’s not tripped.
- Record any error codes you see.
- Make sure the unit is plugged in — plug a lamp into the outlet to verify it has power.
Scheduling your range repair service
- When scheduling an appliance repair service call you can pick your desired time slot: either 8AM-12PM or 12PM-4PM.
- We will call you the day of your appointment between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM to narrow down our arrival to a 2 hour window. We’re happy to call on the way so you can meet us.