Before you call
The clothes washer must be the best invention since the telephone, the automobile and those little chip clip thingys. Seriously. When that thing breaks down we may just as well move out. If your washer is belly up, call us. World peace may depend on it.
But BEFORE you call us for washing machine repair, we suggest you check a few things, just in case. Who knows, maybe you can fix it yourself (hey, you’re a hero!) and we can save you the time and cost of a service call. Here are a few common things to look for:
WASHER REPAIR TIPS
- Unplug the unit for 2 minutes and plug it back in to reboot any circuit boards.
- Make sure both water valves are turned on.
- Clean the water inlet filters on the back of the machine.
- Some plumbers install flood-safe hoses — make sure those are allowing water to flow.
- Clean any drain filters before calling.
- Install a new drain sock if you use one.
- Make sure the drain tub is draining sufficiently.
- Record any error codes you see.
- Make sure the unit is plugged in — plug a lamp into the outlet to verify it has power.
- Make sure the unit is level.
Scheduling your washer repair service
- When scheduling an appliance repair service call you can pick your desired time slot: either 8AM-12PM or 12PM-4PM.
- We will call you the day of your appointment between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM to narrow down our arrival to a 2 hour window. We’re happy to call on the way so you can meet us.